Sunday 29 January 2017

Dragon fly girl By Gemma

I love to art journal and I especially love to art journal on different bases, the base of this page is a cereal box and when I have a few done I will bind them together to form a book. 


Using gel medium I glued pieces of paper onto the cereal box, these included note paper, small playing cards (from a Christmas cracker) and white printer paper. I covered over the top with a layer of gesso. 


I sprayed two or three different Dylusions sprays over the top and continued to add gesso until I was happy with the coverage. Using blue, green and yellow water soluble pastels I edged all the paper pieces and blended them in using water.


I stamped over the top in places with similar coloured Distress Ink and background stamps. 


I also sprayed and stamped a book page with the same colours and stamps. the stamps I used were Chicken wirePunk Plaid and Calligraphy Mat 12


After roughly drawing my girl and cutting the dress and some circles from the book page, I decided to add some dragonflies, which I stamped out using Archival Ink.


After painting the face with a layer of gesso, to act as a barrier from the sprays and pastels underneath. I painted the girl in with black, white and flesh tone acrylic paints. I also glued all of my elements down.


I then added more pastel over the top before edging my circles, dragonflies, and girl with a black aqua pencil. I also added features to the girls face with the same pencil, before blending them out with a water brush. 




Thank you for reading
Gemma

1 comment:

Jackie PN said...

Nicely done Gemma!